FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK and drop us a line to say hi :)

Pink and Purple Christening Cake with butterflies

These are the picture i promised!

I practically did a all round 360 shot of this cake. A good way to make full use of my new Nikon baby ;p

I've used the roses i made yesterday as the topper with purple butterflies. What do u think of it? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Pink and purple Christening Cake with butterflies
DSC_0116


I've been questioned several times on how the cakes are stacked and i thought i'll give a little insight on how i do mine :)

First we start by covering the board with fondant and use your favorite ribbon to cover the ends. The board will then look like this
Lightroom-24


Close up on the ribbon i used. I bought this from Lindcraft at the lace section. Like it? I think it gives it a very classy touch to it.
Lightroom-25


My ribbon box. Have a dig!
Lightroom-26


First i covered the bottom tier with fondant
Lightroom-27


The smoothen it out with a smoother to get a finishing look.
Lightroom-29


The top tier
Lightroom-30


I've use two dowels (they are actually really thick skewers which i called dowel) in insert them into your bottom tier like this
DSC_0036


Then use royal icing to cover the skewers which also helps to stick the top tier to the bottom tier
DSC_0037


Last step is to place your top tier on top of the royal icing bits
DSC_0040

DSC_0044


Finally start decorating!

DSC_0047

Purple butterflies
DSC_0131

DSC_0087


Name plaque
DSC_0088


DSC_0093

Oh yes! and of course these cakes are my very own favorite chocolate mud with ganache. This has actually been my popular sell out at the moment
DSC_0458


DSC_0450

Toodles~
Lilia

0 comments: