This is my favorite vanilla cake recipe and it is just so easy! I forgot where this recipe came from but i've always had this ever since i started my love for baking. This recipe will go very well with vanilla frosting or white chocolate ganache :)
2 CUPS SUGAR
2 1/2 CUPS PLAIN FLOUR
1 CUP MILK
3/4 CUP VEGETABLE OIL
2 1/4 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
1 TEASPOON VANILLA ESSENCE
(Serving Size : 7)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Line two 8" pan with baking paper and grease the paper and the sides of the pan as well.
2. In mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened (about 1 min)
3. Add flour, milk, oil and baking powder and beat for another minute until batter is smooth and creamy. (note: Don't over beat)
4. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 min or until the tops are golden. Try using a toothpick or knife to poke the centre layer comes out clean.
6. Remove from pans and let cool completely on rack before covering with frosting.
This is best with plain vanilla frosting or white chocolate ganache :)