This recipe was adapted from Confetti Cakes
Ingredients for brownies:-
2 cups plain flour
2 cups unsalted butter
16 ounces dark cooking chocolate
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
2 1/4 cups of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients for chocolate fudge:-
0.6 kg of dark choc
300ml pure cream
1. Preheat oven to about 180 degrees. line your baking tin with butter and the bottom with baking paper.
2. Sift flour in bowl. Set aside
3. Melt butter and choc over low heat. (Double boil or microwave about 2 mins, stir and repeat 2 mins process and stir until all melted.)
4. In mixer, combine eggs, salt, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and beat in low spead.
5. Remove from mixer and use spatula to fold in flour.
6. Pour batter into baking tin and bake for about an hour.
7. When brownies are done, remove from oven and allow the brownies to be cooled in the pan for about 20 mins.
To prepare chocolate fudge, microwave cream and choc in a large bowl for about 2 mins. Remove from microwave and stir. Repeat microwave. Then stir until choc dissolves.
Pour the chocolate fudge on top the brownies after about 3o mins and ta-dah! Yummie fudge brownies~
These brownies can be stored in freezer for about 2 weeks without the choc fudge. When storing in freezer, wrap at least 2 layers of plastic wrap.
Fresh Baked Brownie Slices~ Yum
I brought these to work and they were 2 thumbs up!
These brownies are dense and more like fudge than cake. Really really YUM! :)